Sunday, May 31, 2015

School Holidays = Balik Kampung = Weddings....!

YES,,, ! School holidays are here again.. Hmm.. no I am not excited as I no longer have school-going kids.

But I remember those days when I look forward and dread school holidays.. Two contradicting feelings...? Yes.. because.. though I had looked forward to spending more time with the kids during school hols, there is always this weird coincidence that there is a major project or event at the office and everyone's holiday is sort of frozen... and to make matters worse.. the kids would be asking endlessly.. Mak, aren't we going ANYWHERE these holidays....???? Anyone can relate to this..?

There are other times when you can take some days off but when you try to make hotel reservations, they are all full... oh well.. back to cracking head to figure out what could be done..

The weekends of school hols seem to be filled with weddings of cousin, niece, nephew, bff's son or daughter one or the other.. though it is lovely to fulfil those invitations, it is sometimes tiring racing from one part of the town to another...

But I do miss school holidays now.. simply because now it is almost impossible to get the WHOLE family together.. College's semesters does not coincide, their work off-days are not the weekends.. this poses another totally different challenge...

oh well... that's life I suppose.. we have work within the limitations.. be grateful with the opportunities to be together..

Things would be different in the kampungs though.. School holidays is the time to spend jumping into the river to see who makes the biggest splash, time to look for that particular bird and try to 'pikat' to bring it home, time to challenge friends for a game of carom on the balcony or ''anjung' of the house...



ENJOY THE SCHOOL HOLIDAYS,,,!!

3 comments:

  1. The kids have the most fun, don't they?
    And that leaves us with the biggest question of all, "Where to this hols, mommieeeeeee...????!!!"
    Wish we can give that multiple choice answer where D is none of the above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Muni, I came across your blog and I enjoyed reading your amazing stories. Interested to collaborate? Email me at nurul.aini@zalora.com.my. I couldn't find your email so I am leaving a comment to u. Hope to hear soon. Thanks! Ps: this is NOT a spam yah haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Muni, I enjoyed reading your this very eloquent posting, nice pics too. And your this posting brought back my own memories of one day when I was young.
    You have a nice day and simpan satu lagu dalam hati.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete